Monthly Archive for: ‘January, 2014’

Inner Portal Studio Upgrades 2014 – Part 1


Well, 2014 has barely started and I’ve already been pretty busy with some important changes for my studio.  The biggest is ordering some custom Tyler Acoustic D2x monitors to replace my Event Opals.  I love the Opals, but for a long time I’ve been wanting to upgrade to a larger, full-range speaker more ideally suited for mastering. (A D2x unfinished …

Read More

The Upgrade Game


The upgrade game, how many times have we all played this?  Something new and shiny comes out, and we start feeling that urge that what we were happily using yesterday is no longer good enough.  No where does this seem to happen more than with Apple iOS devices, something I know all too well given how much music work I …

Read More

Lines In Space – New Downtempo Track


Lines Of Space <- Right Click to Download Well, luckily I managed to keep myself busy during the first couple of weeks of my recovery from the shoulder surgery.  Surprised myself a bit, but I actually managed to get a track written over the last few days, and one I really like no less! To write this one I used the …

Read More

A Quiet Time


2013 was an interesting year for me, quite a few things happening that I just wasn’t expecting at all.  I went through a very long and frustrating period of writers block for most of the year, but ended it being very productive.  I ditched my Elektrons and bought a really nice acoustic guitar, but I still love playing with music …

Read More