Mastering is $60 per track. Additional versions of the same song (instrumental, radio edit, etc) are $20 each. I do not offer discounts for multiple tracks or for record labels, everyone pays the same flat rate.
DDP files or a physical CD master is an additional $20 per track to cover the additional time needed to prepare the CD-Text, embed ISRC codes, determine track spacing, etc.
Stem Mastering (6 stems or less) starts at $100 a track. Native Instruments “Stems” and “Mastered for iTunes” compatibility available as well, contact me to discuss the specifics if you’re interested in any of these options.
PREPARING YOUR TRACKS FOR MASTERING – IMPORTANT!
– I will always tell you IF something needs adjusting in the mixdown before I start the mastering, you don’t need to ask.
– Listen to the mixdown file start to finish, be sure it is 100% correct before you send it.
– Name your mixdown files “Artist Name – Track Name.wav”.
– Do not send the tracks or the payment until BOTH are ready. PayPal can take a week to verify bank accounts, start this process before submitting a song for mastering.
– I accept WAV and AIFF files at any bit depth and sample rate, but prefer 24bit (or greater) files. Generally using the same sample rate that your DAW was set to works best.
– Leave roughly 6dB of headroom for me to work with, and make sure that the “Normalize” and “Dither” options are turned off in your DAW when you render.
– If you used a compressor, limiter, or other dynamics processor on the master channel of the DAW, please send me a version without these as well.
– Once you have prepped your tracks per the above instructions, please visit the Upload Page to send the files to me.
– Payment is required up front for all clients. Once I have the payment confirmation, I’ll listen and let you know if I think you should adjust the mixdown before I start. If everything sounds good, I’ll go ahead and start the mastering.
Submitting Your Payment
Payments can be made by via the PayPal shopping cart below, or by clicking on the Square Market Place logo if you wish to pay directly with a Credit or Debit card.
Masters are typically returned as 16bit/44.1kHz wav files. AIFF, AAC, FLAC or MP3 are also available at no charge, just let me know what bit-rate you require (I.E. 128kbps, 320kbps, etc).
I offer 2 mastering revisions per song for free, additional revisions are $20 each. I recommend listening to the mastered track on as many different playback systems as possible before asking for a revision. If you change the mixdown and re-send it to me after mastering, that requires starting over from scratch, and the full mastering rate may apply again. Email me to discuss options before you do this.
Delivered Masters are at a volume that strikes the best balance between other songs in the same genre, and preserving the dynamics in the song. If you absolutely must have it louder, just let me know.
If you have any questions, contact me at: